- US Treasury secretary Janet Yellen warns against decoupling from China as it would be "disastrous" for both countries.
- National security measures targeted at Beijing are not meant to "stifle" the Chinese economy.
- Yellen calls for a "constructive and fair" economic relationship between the two countries.
- The US will continue to work with allies to resist Beijing’s "unfair" economic policies.
- Yellen plans to travel to China at the appropriate time.
Financial Times — World — US-China Relations — Chinese Politics & Policy — Global Economy — Us Economy
Janet Yellen warns US decoupling from China would be ‘disastrous’
US Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen warns against decoupling from China as it would be disastrous for both countries, calling for a constructive and fair economic relationship between the two countries.