- March 20th is the 20th anniversary of the US-led invasion of Iraq.
- This October marks 100 years since Gertrude Bell founded the Iraq Museum in Baghdad.
- Iraq is by no means stable but is functioning as a rare Arab democracy.
- Tour operators are sending private trips into Iraqi Kurdistan and southern Iraq.
- I took a two-week journey through Iraq, following in Gertrude Bell's footsteps.
Financial Times — World — Iraq — Monetary Policy — Military — Legal
Iraq, 20 years on
On the 20th anniversary of the US-led invasion of Iraq, tour operators are sending private trips into Iraq and the country is functioning as a rare Arab democracy. Follow in Gertrude Bell's footsteps with a two-week journey through this historic and troubled country.