- US crypto investors remain at risk due to inadequate regulatory framework for crypto.
- SEC's regulations make it impossible for crypto exchanges to register as securities exchanges.
- Only registered securities can be traded on registered securities exchanges, which is not feasible for most digital assets.
- SEC's failure to create a registration regime for crypto exchanges has led to proposals for legislation.
- SEC's responsibility is to establish investor protections, which it has failed to do so far.
Investors at risk in absence of adequate US crypto regulatory regime
US crypto investors lack adequate regulatory protection, as the SEC's regulations make it impossible for exchanges to register as securities exchanges, leaving most digital assets untradeable. SEC's failure to establish a registration regime for crypto has led to proposals for legislation, with moun