- India drops Darwin's theory of evolution and periodic table from some school textbooks.
- More than 4,500 scientists and educators signed a petition against the changes.
- Educators warn of impact on science teaching and India's tech sector.
- Changes part of Hindu nationalist government's wider campaign of altering school textbooks.
- Curriculum changes made in response to Covid-19 pandemic to ease burden on students and teachers.
India drops evolution and periodic table from some school textbooks
India's Hindu nationalist government has dropped Darwin's theory of evolution and the periodic table from some school textbooks, prompting warnings from educators about the impact on teaching and the country’s vital tech sector.