- IMF upgraded UK growth forecast to 0.4% this year, higher than Germany.
- Fall in energy prices will also help UK grow.
- Interest rates may need to rise and stay high to control inflation.
- IMF recommends investment in public services and beefing up carbon taxes.
- UK should examine a pre-funded deposit insurance regime for banks.
Bloomberg — Business — UK Economy — Economics — Investment — Inflation
IMF Says UK Economy Will Grow Faster Than Germany This Year
IMF upgraded UK growth forecast, warns against premature celebrations as inflation slows. UK economy to grow faster than Germany this year.