- Ike Perlmutter claims he was fired as chairman of Marvel Entertainment because he clashed with creative executives over cost-cutting measures.
- Perlmutter says he has tried for years to convince Disney to spend less on its Marvel Studios superhero movies, which he believes are too long and too expensive to produce.
- Disney said Perlmutter's dismissal was part of a cost-cutting plan, but Perlmutter believes it was a convenient excuse to get rid of him.
- Perlmutter is also one of Disney’s largest individual shareholders and owns approximately 30 million shares of Disney.
- Perlmutter has criticized Disney's political stances despite being connected to top Republican politicians including former President Donald Trump.
Ike Perlmutter: Disney Fired Me From Marvel, I Wasn’t Laid Off
Isaac “Ike” Perlmutter claims Disney fired him as chairman of Marvel Entertainment due to cost-cutting measures and clashes with creative executives, but Disney says it was part of a cost-cutting plan.