- 20 years after the Iraq war, America has yet to recover from its bitter lessons.
- The war propelled America down the road to Donald Trump.
- Barack Obama represented hope of sharp change from Mr Bush, yet those two leaders were much more like each other.
- Mr Biden is trying to restore the idea of American idealism.
- On the right, the American Greatness school has yet to clothe Trumpism in an ideology amounting to more than grandiose self-interest.
The Economist — US — Iraq War — Politics — Democracy — US Politics
How the Iraq war became a threat to American democracy
The Iraq war has had a lasting impact on American democracy, from Trumpism to the current state of American idealism. President Biden seeks to restore it.