- Beauty standards are shifting towards a gaunt, hollowed-out aesthetic, with buccal fat removal becoming a gruesome cosmetic procedure of choice.
- The once-popular Instagram Face is no longer in vogue, and beauty ideals are out of reach by design, making it more difficult to reverse changes made to the shape of one's face.
- The rise of high street clinics offering non-surgical treatments can make digital images real, and young customers are encouraged to freeze their faces now in order to prevent wrinkles later.
- Knowledge of plastic surgery has traditionally been through word of mouth, but this has now risen exponentially through digital word of mouth via Instagram.
- The era of millennial face may be coming to an end, but extreme beauty standards are going nowhere.
How millennial faces fell out of fashion
The era of millennial face may be coming to an end as beauty standards shift towards gaunt, hollowed-out aesthetics and non-surgical treatments become more popular.