- France led the evacuation of foreigners from Khartoum during the Sudanese civil war.
- French special forces took control of the Wadi Seidna airstrip to enable an airlift evacuation.
- France negotiated with both sides of the conflict to secure safe passage for civilians.
- Rwandans, Ugandans, Ethiopians, Europeans and Americans were evacuated with French help.
- The French evacuation effort was highly effective in a time when other countries were scrambling.
How France led the evacuation of foreigners from Khartoum
France led an effective evacuation effort of foreigners during the Sudanese civil war, negotiating with both sides of the conflict to secure safe passage for civilians.