- UK bakery chain Greggs to open 150 new stores this year.
- Cost inflation will remain stubbornly high at 9-10 per cent this year.
- Greggs increased prices by 5p-10p twice last year.
- Total sales for Greggs up to £1.5bn last year.
- Pre-tax profits grew 1.9% year on year to £148mn.
Greggs to open 150 stores despite high costs
UK bakery chain Greggs is to open 150 new stores this year despite cost inflation persistently high at 9-10%. Total sales up to £1.5bn, pre-tax profits grew 1.9% year on year to £148mn.