- GM to end production of Chevy Bolt EV and Bolt EUV by year-end as it reconfigures plant for electric trucks.
- Factory will produce battery-powered versions of Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra full-sized pickups.
- GM plans to sell 1 million EVs in 2025.
- Bolt gave GM a foothold in the EV market, but was plagued by a rare defect that led to battery fires.
- Later this year, GM will begin producing the Chevy Equinox small SUV.
GM to Retire the Chevy Bolt EV to Make Way for Electric Pickups
GM will end production of the Chevy Bolt EV and Bolt EUV by year-end as it reconfigures its sole Bolt plant to begin building battery-powered versions of its Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra full-sized pickups.