- Germany bans new oil and gas heating systems from 2024, requiring 65% renewable energy.
- Exemptions will be made for low-income households.
- The new bill speeds up the shift to heat pumps, solar panels and hydrogen boilers.
- Huge subsidies will be made available to help people make the transition.
- All heating systems will have to run exclusively on renewable energy by 2045.
Germany to ban new gas and oil heating from next year
Germany will ban new oil and gas heating systems from 2024, requiring 65% renewable energy. Huge subsidies will help homeowners make the transition.