- The Weeknd's After Hours Til Dawn tour made its way to the UK, with Manchester being the first city to host the Canadian star's first UK gigs since 2017.
- The Etihad Stadium was transformed into a fantasy city consisting of vertiginous buildings made from stainless steel, with a runway stretching the length of the pitch and a circular stage above it.
- The show featured a robot statue designed by Japanese illustrator Hajime Sorayama, pyrotechnics, and the best light show seen at a stadium gig.
- Tesfaye was dressed in white, wore a metallic face mask for the first half of the show and serenaded the robot statue and the audience.
- Twenty-eight dancers joined him, dressed in flowing white outfits, and the songs were mixed into one another, creating a brooding yet highly stylized soundscape.
Central banks around the world are pausing tightening campaigns as inflation eases and economies slow. Inflation-targeting regimes are keeping their own houses in order, while the US Fed's key inflation gauges fell to the slowest annual paces since late 2021.
Two massive earthquakes on Monday have devastated cities and towns across Turkey and Syria, with death toll of over 16,000. This is one of the worst natural disasters this century, alongside the 2004 Sumatran Tsunami, 2010 Haiti earthquake and 2008 Cyclone Nargis.
A raft of U.S. data and European inflation numbers will give guidance on how the world's top central banks will navigate the way ahead, including the hotly debated "no landing" scenario. Reports on U.S. durable goods orders, home prices, manufacturing and consumer confidence threaten to cement expec