- Auditors have become more cautious and selective since the Wirecard scandal.
- Companies with weak governance and management risk being left out in the cold.
- Adler Group is struggling to find a replacement auditor after KPMG refused to sign off on its 2021 results.
- The Adler case highlights a regulatory gap for companies that cannot secure an auditor.
- The balance of power between auditors and their clients is changing fundamentally.
EY, KPMG and the fallout of two accounting scandals
Adler Group struggles to find a replacement auditor after KPMG refused to sign off on its 2021 results. Auditors have become more selective since the Wirecard scandal.