- Guo Wengui, exiled Chinese billionaire and critic of Beijing, charged with billion-dollar fraud in the US.
- US authorities seized $634 million linked to Guo's alleged crimes.
- Guo and his financial adviser charged with conspiracy, fraud, and money laundering.
- Guo has been living in exile in the US since 2015 and has seen his Chinese and Hong Kong assets frozen.
- In a strange twist, a two-alarm fire broke out at Guo's hotel after he was arrested.
Exiled Chinese Tycoon Guo Wengui Charged With Billion-Dollar Fraud in US
Chinese billionaire Guo Wengui charged with billion-dollar fraud in the US, as authorities seize $634m linked to his alleged crimes. Exiled since 2015, Guo is a vocal critic of Beijing with ties to Steve Bannon.