- Private investors bet on European defence and related technologies following Russia's invasion of Ukraine.
- Investors are consolidating aerospace and defence supply chains in France to prepare for increased military spending.
- Private capital investment in aerospace and defence industry stood at $20bn in 2022.
- European private equity deal activity in defence-focused companies reached €3.8bn in 2021.
- Venture capital funds invested €96mn in defence-related companies in 2022.
Financial Times — Companies — Defence investments — European Companies — Aerospace & Defence — War in Ukraine
European investors bet on defence as war creates opportunities for growth
Private investors in Europe are betting on defence and related technologies to capitalise on the surge in military spending following the Ukraine invasion. French private equity executives are consolidating the aerospace and defence supply chain, while venture capital funds invest more in European d