- Euro-area core inflation hits record at 5.7% in March.
- Headline inflation drops to 6.9% from 8.5% in February.
- ECB officials are increasingly focused on underlying measure.
- Money markets pare rate-hike wagers, investors expect 3.61% peak by October.
- ECB's last month rate increase was to 3%, no guidance on what happens next.
Euro-Area Core Inflation Hits Record, Backing Case for ECB Hikes
Euro-area core inflation rises to record high of 5.7% in March, supporting the case for ECB rate hikes. Headline inflation drops to 6.9% from 8.5% in February.