- Manhattan grand jury hands down criminal indictment against former US president Donald Trump.
- The indictment has polarized the nation, with Trump calling it political persecution and his allies warning it will 'destroy America'.
- The charges are related to a $130,000 payment made to adult film star Stormy Daniels by Trump's former lawyer Michael Cohen.
- Charges could also be brought against Allen Weisselberg, former CFO of the Trump Organization.
- The indictment is expected to be unsealed soon and Trump may surrender to law enforcement on Tuesday.
Financial Times — World — Trump Indictment — Us Politics & Policy — Republican Party Us — Donald Trump
Donald Trump indictment thrusts a divided nation into new chapter of chaos
Donald Trump is indicted by a Manhattan grand jury, polarizing the US and sparking accusations of political persecution. The charges relate to a payment made to adult film star Stormy Daniels in 2006.