- Fox News's legal defense is not doomed by Dominion's defamation lawsuit.
- If the applicable law is applied, the facts upend Dominion's defamation claim against Fox.
- A ruling against Fox would be a blow to media freedoms generally.
- Existing laws give the press wide latitude to report on newsworthy allegations made by others.
- Fox acted within its legal protection in reporting on the Trump team's allegations.
Dominion’s Weak Case Against Fox
A victory for Dominion in its defamation lawsuit against Fox News would be a severe blow to media freedoms, subjecting news outlets to the prospect of outsize liability whenever they report on newsworthy allegations that turn out to be false.