- South Korean crypto mogul Do Kwon released on €400,000 bail, will be under house arrest in Montenegro pending trial.
- He is also indicted in the US on eight counts of fraud and is targeted for extradition by South Korea.
- Kwon is the creator of the failed TerraUSD stablecoin, faces legal trouble in South Korea as well.
- Kwon and his companion Han Chang-joon were arrested in Montenegro in March for using false travel documents.
- They will be confined to their Podgorica apartment 24 hours a day except for weekly visits to police to confirm their presence.
WSJ — Markets — Crypto mogul — Currencies — Cryptocurrency — Finance
Do Kwon to Be Released Into House Arrest
South Korean crypto mogul Do Kwon to be under house arrest in Montenegro on €400,000 bail, while he awaits trial on charges of using a forged Costa Rican passport.