- Disney has laid off Ike Perlmutter, chairman of Marvel Entertainment LLC, and plans to fold the comic-book publishing business into Disney Entertainment.
- Perlmutter has long had a rocky relationship with Chief Executive Robert Iger and criticized certain movies that he viewed as too expensive to produce.
- Last year, Perlmutter teamed up with activist investor Nelson Peltz to try to persuade Disney to appoint Peltz to its board of directors.
- Disney also laid off his assistant, Marisol Garcia, and two of his longtime consiglieres, Marvel Entertainment chief counsel John Turitzin and adviser Alan Fine.
- Under the new structure, Marvel Entertainment will be integrated into the Disney Entertainment division, led by Dana Walden and Alan Bergman.
Disney Lays Off Marvel Entertainment Chairman Ike Perlmutter
Disney lays off Marvel Entertainment Chairman Ike Perlmutter and plans to fold the comic-book publishing business into Disney Entertainment. Perlmutter criticized expensive movies and teamed up with activist investor Nelson Peltz last year. Disney also laid off Perlmutter's assistant, Marisol Garcia