- Databricks to acquire MosaicML for $1.3 billion.
- Aims to provide businesses with low-cost language models built using proprietary data.
- MosaicML's generative AI platform offers similar models at lower costs than third-party language models.
- Deal expected to close by end of Q2 2023.
- Global generative AI market expected to reach $42.6 billion by end of 2023.
Central banks around the world are pausing tightening campaigns as inflation eases and economies slow. Inflation-targeting regimes are keeping their own houses in order, while the US Fed's key inflation gauges fell to the slowest annual paces since late 2021.
Two massive earthquakes on Monday have devastated cities and towns across Turkey and Syria, with death toll of over 16,000. This is one of the worst natural disasters this century, alongside the 2004 Sumatran Tsunami, 2010 Haiti earthquake and 2008 Cyclone Nargis.
A raft of U.S. data and European inflation numbers will give guidance on how the world's top central banks will navigate the way ahead, including the hotly debated "no landing" scenario. Reports on U.S. durable goods orders, home prices, manufacturing and consumer confidence threaten to cement expec