- Traders flock to U.S.-listed options on Credit Suisse as shares tumble 31%.
- Options volume jumps to 597,000 contracts, 27 times the daily average.
- Credit Suisse puts outnumber calls 1.7-to-1.
- European banks' U.S.-listed options also surge, leaning toward defensive put contracts.
- Worries over Credit Suisse's future impact U.S. bank stocks, with a bearish bias on Financial Select Sector SPDR Fund options.
Credit Suisse plunge sends traders flocking to its U.S-listed options
Credit Suisse shares plummet, leading to record surge in U.S.-listed options trading. Worries over the embattled Swiss bank's future impact European and U.S. banking stocks.