- Chinese nationalists are upset over the mistreatment of pandas on loan to America, with one dying and another losing clumps of fur.
- The bears are part of China's 'panda diplomacy' and are rented out to zoos for up to $1m a year.
- Critics say the pandas make China seem cuddly despite its authoritarianism.
- An online campaign to bring the sick bear, Ya Ya, back home to China has been launched.
- Ya Ya is expected to return to China in April, but the incident has caused some in China to question the practice of panda diplomacy.
Central banks around the world are pausing tightening campaigns as inflation eases and economies slow. Inflation-targeting regimes are keeping their own houses in order, while the US Fed's key inflation gauges fell to the slowest annual paces since late 2021.
Two massive earthquakes on Monday have devastated cities and towns across Turkey and Syria, with death toll of over 16,000. This is one of the worst natural disasters this century, alongside the 2004 Sumatran Tsunami, 2010 Haiti earthquake and 2008 Cyclone Nargis.
A raft of U.S. data and European inflation numbers will give guidance on how the world's top central banks will navigate the way ahead, including the hotly debated "no landing" scenario. Reports on U.S. durable goods orders, home prices, manufacturing and consumer confidence threaten to cement expec