- Chinese carriers are 10% of pre-pandemic levels 4 years ago.
- Beijing reluctant to grant tourist visas, Covid tests remain a deterrent.
- North America & Europe to recover by end of 2021, China to 2025.
- Big Three Airlines forecast record losses of over $14Bn.
- Domestic flights rebounded to just below pre-pandemic levels.
Chinese airlines left at the gate as international travel takes off
Chinese carriers are chasing the vapour trails of the rest of the airline industry as international travel picks up again with the easing of Covid-19 restrictions. Big Three Airlines forecast record losses of over $14Bn.