- China is testing whether to engage fully in a peace process to end Russia's war against Ukraine.
- Kyiv has seen no evidence that China is already providing weapons to Russia.
- China will not allow Russia to collapse but needs a weak Russia to make concessions to China.
- Kyiv is gearing up for a counter-offensive later this spring.
- Kyiv sees no alternative to full restoration of territorial integrity.
Financial Times — World — China-Ukraine Relations — War in Ukraine — Government Of Ukraine — Government Of Russia
China yet to decide on Ukraine peacemaker role, says Kyiv
Foreign minister Dmytro Kuleba says China is still testing whether it wants to engage fully in a peace process to end Russia's war against Ukraine or to intensify its support for Moscow, including through the supply of weapons.