- China continues to persecute Uyghurs despite diplomatic push in Europe.
- Over a million Uyghurs and other ethnic minorities have been locked up in 're-education' camps.
- China has threatened Uyghurs with more persecution if they speak out.
- Uyghurs abroad are sometimes threatened with deportation if they speak up.
- European Union imposed sanctions on several Chinese officials over the persecution of Uyghurs.
China wants the world to forget about its crimes in Xinjiang
China continues its persecution of Uyghurs in Xinjiang despite a diplomatic push in Europe. Over a million Uyghurs have been locked up in 're-education' camps.