- China opposes forced sale of TikTok and warns of damage to investor confidence.
- Sale or divestiture of TikTok involves technology export that must be approved by China.
- TikTok CEO due to testify before US Congress to determine app's future in the US.
- US officials cite national security concerns to demand Chinese owners sell their stakes in TikTok.
- Beijing installed a Communist party official as director at ByteDance's main Chinese entity.
Financial Times — World — TikTok future — Chinese Politics & Policy — Technology Sector — Asia-Pacific Companies
China says it ‘firmly opposes’ forced sale of TikTok
China opposes forced sale of TikTok ahead of CEO's appearance at US Congress, warning of damage to investor confidence and technology export approval.