- Chinese diplomat Li Hui urges European countries to support cease-fire in Ukraine and view China as an economic alternative to the US.
- Europe is rebuffing China's efforts to split the West and remains aligned with the US in the view that no peace can be achieved in Ukraine without the withdrawal of Russian troops.
- China's 12-point peace proposal for Ukraine released in February offers few details and is seen as not neutral on the conflict while demonstrating China's alignment with Russia.
- European officials seek to convey to China the importance of respecting Ukraine's sovereignty and territorial integrity and not supplying military aid to Russia.
- EU is preparing an economic security strategy to reconsider its reliance on strategic sectors and protect its economic security from China's risks.
WSJ — World — China's peacemaking efforts in Ukraine — International Relations — Geopolitics — Economy
China, Pushing Ukraine Cease-Fire, Gets Cool Reception in Europe
European officials are rebuffing China's efforts to split the West by urging European countries to support a cease-fire in Ukraine and view China as an economic alternative to the US.