- Imran Khan appeared in court on corruption charges in Islamabad, surrounded by his supporters who clashed with police outside.
- The court hearing involved accusations of illegally profiting from accepting state gifts and concealing assets.
- Mr. Khan is facing dozens of court cases on charges that include terrorism and corruption.
- The clashes with police are the latest show of political brinkmanship in Pakistan, where the justice system is used against rivals.
- Mr. Khan's popularity has grown despite the accusations against him and the violent clashes outside his home.
The New York Times — World — Pakistan Politics — Politics and Government — Police — Defense and Military Forces
Chaos Breaks Out as Imran Khan Makes Court Appearance
Former Pakistani Prime Minister Imran Khan appeared in court on corruption charges surrounded by supporters amid violent clashes with police.