- Net earnings grew most in Idaho, Texas, Nevada, Florida, and Arkansas.
- California ranked last in earnings growth in 2022 at 5%.
- Lockdown states had weaker earnings growth than those that reopened sooner.
- Population migration during the pandemic affected earnings growth.
- Earnings growth in information declined in California and Maryland.
WSJ — World — Personal Income — Opinion — Review & Outlook — Economy
California Comes in Last in Personal Income Growth
California ranks last in personal earnings growth in 2022 while Idaho, Texas, Nevada, Florida, and Arkansas had the most growth.