- Since the start of the year, the flow of stories highlighting Britain’s fading industrial prowess seems to have reached warp speed.
- The UK should first identify the industries where it needs a foothold for national, energy and supply chain security purposes.
- The UK’s importance as a financial hub has made it a prime spot for developing green finance solutions around the world.
- Backing all growth sectors and industries is not the answer.
- A desire to be great at everything risks leaving the country great at nothing.
Britain needs to decide what it wants to be good at
Britain needs to decide which industries to focus on to become a world leader. The UK should identify industries where it needs a foothold and nurture its strengths to stimulate trade and investment.