- UK government expands free childcare to children aged 1 and 2 years.
- Chancellor Jeremy Hunt announces plan to increase workforce participation.
- Tax and spending plans of 20 billion pounds ($24 billion) per year for the next three years.
- Extension of household energy subsidies and business investment incentives.
- Corporate taxes set to rise in April from 19% to 25%.
The New York Times — Business — UK Economy — Economic Conditions And Trends — Wages And Salaries — Strikes
Britain Issues a Call to Work, With More Child Care an Incentive
The UK government announces expansion of free childcare, household energy subsidies and business investment incentives in its 2023 budget speech.