- Petrobras posted a 38% surge in 4Q earnings.
- Board proposed to retain 0.49 real per share for cash reserve.
- Payouts in 2022 totaled 215.8 billion reais.
- Net profit of 43.34 billion reais, revenue of 158.58 billion reais.
- Federal govt asked to halt asset sales processes for 90 days.
Brazil's Petrobras seeks to trim massive payouts as profit beats forecasts
Brazil's state-run oil company Petrobras posted a better-than-expected 38% surge in fourth-quarter earnings but proposed to trim its usually robust dividend, under pressure from the new leftist government.