- Billionaire Paul Singer sent over $247 million to donor-advised funds (DAFs) between 2009 and 2021.
- This represents almost 70% of all grants from his foundation in that period.
- DAFs offer tax benefits and allow foundations to postpone or mask their giving.
- Singer's largesse is under the spotlight after hosting Supreme Court Justice Samuel Alito on his private jet.
- Singer has donated millions of dollars to Republican political organizations and nonprofits over the past decade.
Billionaire Investor Paul Singer Plowed $247 Million in Fund That Masks Who Gets Money
Billionaire Paul Singer donated over $247 million to donor-advised funds in 12 years, representing 70% of his foundation's grants. Tax-efficient DAFs allow donors to postpone or mask giving.