- Biden pledges $1bn in new US funding to the UN-led Green Climate Fund to help developing countries cope with climate change.
- Separately, Biden promises $500mn over five years for a fund to tackle deforestation in the Amazon rainforest.
- Biden calls on multilateral development banks to scale up their lending to tackle climate change and accelerate the fight against poverty.
- China's climate envoy, Xie Zhenhua, joins the Major Economies Forum on energy and climate.
- More than 25 countries taking part in the forum account for 80% of the world's greenhouse gas emissions.
Biden pledges $1bn to UN climate fund and implores world leaders to act
Biden pledges $1bn to the UN-led Green Climate Fund and $500mn to fight deforestation in the Amazon rainforest. He calls on banks to scale up lending to tackle climate change and poverty. China's climate envoy joins the forum.