- Gary Lineker 'stepped back' from Match of the Day after accused of breaching BBC's political impartiality policy.
- BBC staff and contributors have walked out in protest, leading to disruption of weekend sports coverage.
- BBC director-general Tim Davie is seeking to buttress corporation's impartiality.
- Row piles pressure on leadership over its perceived pro-government bias.
- BBC is working hard to resolve the situation and hopes to do so soon.
BBC crisis over Gary Lineker suspension mounts as presenters walk out
BBC is embroiled in a crisis over its decision to suspend Gary Lineker from Match of the Day, leading to a walkout by other BBC staff and contributors and disruption of weekend sports coverage.