- Austin Reaves went unselected in the NBA draft two years ago.
- His agents convinced teams not to draft him so he could land a non-guaranteed deal as a free agent on a team where he would have the best chance to shine.
- The Lakers picked him up and he has become a key player in their playoff run.
- Reaves has averaged 15.4 points per game with 4.3 assists and 4.8 rebounds in the playoffs.
- His two-year contract with the Lakers has become guaranteed and he could potentially earn over $50 million in a future deal.
Central banks around the world are pausing tightening campaigns as inflation eases and economies slow. Inflation-targeting regimes are keeping their own houses in order, while the US Fed's key inflation gauges fell to the slowest annual paces since late 2021.
Two massive earthquakes on Monday have devastated cities and towns across Turkey and Syria, with death toll of over 16,000. This is one of the worst natural disasters this century, alongside the 2004 Sumatran Tsunami, 2010 Haiti earthquake and 2008 Cyclone Nargis.
A raft of U.S. data and European inflation numbers will give guidance on how the world's top central banks will navigate the way ahead, including the hotly debated "no landing" scenario. Reports on U.S. durable goods orders, home prices, manufacturing and consumer confidence threaten to cement expec