- Russia is cracking down on dissent in occupied areas of Ukraine, raiding homes and checking local residents’ phones for prohibited photos and videos.
- Ukraine has an active network of informants and partisans in Russian-held areas, sending coordinates of Russia’s military bases and logistics hubs to handlers in the Ukrainian security services and military command.
- Ukraine has launched fresh attacks on Russian positions south of the city of Kherson, destroying a Russian logistics hub and observation post on the islands, killing 12 Russian service members stationed there.
- Russia has sought to root out Ukrainian informants and partisans, with limited success, and targeted strikes have destroyed infrastructure that Russia relies on to ferry equipment and supplies.
- As Ukraine gears up for a counteroffensive to push Russia out of its territory, it has continued urging its Western backers to provide more financial and military aid.
As Ukraine Readies Counteroffensive, Russia Steps Up Campaign Against Partisans
Russia deepens crackdown on dissent in occupied Ukraine as Kyiv's forces launch fresh attacks aimed at weakening Moscow's hold in the south.