- Apple plans to launch its Vision Pro headset with appointments and in-store promotion in select US markets early next year.
- The device will be sold at all of Apple's roughly 270 US locations, with designated sections for the Vision Pro initially in major areas before rolling them out nationwide.
- Apple engineers are working on localizing the device for several countries including the UK, Canada, France, Germany, Australia, China, Hong Kong, Japan, and Korea.
- The $3,500 price point, limited mixed-reality content, and nascent technology mean the Vision Pro will appeal to a small group of enthusiasts initially.
- Apple is working on a cheaper model and a second-generation Pro version for release by 2026.
Central banks around the world are pausing tightening campaigns as inflation eases and economies slow. Inflation-targeting regimes are keeping their own houses in order, while the US Fed's key inflation gauges fell to the slowest annual paces since late 2021.
Two massive earthquakes on Monday have devastated cities and towns across Turkey and Syria, with death toll of over 16,000. This is one of the worst natural disasters this century, alongside the 2004 Sumatran Tsunami, 2010 Haiti earthquake and 2008 Cyclone Nargis.
A raft of U.S. data and European inflation numbers will give guidance on how the world's top central banks will navigate the way ahead, including the hotly debated "no landing" scenario. Reports on U.S. durable goods orders, home prices, manufacturing and consumer confidence threaten to cement expec