- UK antitrust agency approves Amazon's $1.7 billion iRobot deal.
- IRobot shares rise by 20% at market open, while Amazon falls by 1%.
- Deal still faces review by the Federal Trade Commission in the US and the European Commission.
- Competition and privacy worries raised by tech advocacy groups over the acquisition.
- CMA finds deal will not lead to competition concerns in the UK market.
Amazon’s $1.7 Billion iRobot Deal Cleared by the UK
UK antitrust agency approves Amazon's $1.7 billion iRobot acquisition, sending iRobot shares soaring by 20% at market open. Tech advocacy groups raise competition and privacy concerns.