- Amazon plans to add ChatGPT-style product search to its web store.
- The move rivals efforts by Microsoft and Google to infuse search with AI.
- The company is looking for the best and brightest to help realize this vision.
- Conversational product search has the potential to reshape Amazon's core retail business.
- Amazon's CEO sees generative AI as a remarkable opportunity to transform customer experience.
Central banks around the world are pausing tightening campaigns as inflation eases and economies slow. Inflation-targeting regimes are keeping their own houses in order, while the US Fed's key inflation gauges fell to the slowest annual paces since late 2021.
A raft of U.S. data and European inflation numbers will give guidance on how the world's top central banks will navigate the way ahead, including the hotly debated "no landing" scenario. Reports on U.S. durable goods orders, home prices, manufacturing and consumer confidence threaten to cement expec
Microsoft has made its biggest bet yet on artificial intelligence with a multibillion-dollar investment in ChatGPT bot maker OpenAI, in a move to transform its business model and products. Find out the latest news on AI, markets and the global economy.