- Altria aims to double revenues from smoke-free products to $5bn by 2028.
- The portfolio includes oral nicotine pouches and a new device called Swic.
- Altria recently paid $2.75bn to buy e-cigarette start-up NJOY.
- The company faces competition from PMI's Zyn and IQOS products.
- Altria could offset half of its $12.5bn Juul loss against future capital gains taxes.
Financial Times — World — Smoke-free Products — Us & Canadian Companies — Personal & Household Goods — Tobacco
Altria makes fresh bet on vaping as it tries to move beyond Juul loss
Altria unveils new line-up of alternatives to cigarettes, aiming to double revenues from smoke-free products to $5bn by 2028, in a head-to-head fight with Philip Morris International for the US smokeless tobacco market.