- Advances in AI will threaten white-collar jobs over the next decade.
- Governments need to consider support for workers who will lose their jobs due to AI.
- Universal basic income is one potential solution to support those whose jobs would be destroyed.
- Recent research predicts AI advancements could boost global GDP by 7%.
- ChatGPT creator OpenAI was valued at $30bn after Microsoft investment.
Financial Times — Tech — Artificial Intelligence — Technology Sector — Deepmind Technologies Ltd — George Hammond
AI will create ‘a serious number of losers’, DeepMind co-founder warns
AI advancements will create a serious number of losers in white-collar jobs over the next decade, according to Mustafa Suleyman, the co-founder of AI lab DeepMind. Governments need to consider how to support workers who will lose their jobs to AI, and universal basic income is one potential solution