- For conservatives, current high rates of inflation should not be too upsetting.
- Higher inflation reduces the outstanding value of government debt.
- Higher inflation could mean lower taxes tomorrow.
- Inflation redistributes resources to more mobile and more productive individuals.
- The Fed should stick to its mandate for price stability.
A Little Inflation Is Good for the Conservative Cause
This article discusses the potential benefits of higher inflation for conservatives, such as lower taxes and redistribution of resources. It also stresses the importance of the Federal Reserve's mandate for price stability.