- The use of AI in content creation apps is causing excitement and fear in the music industry.
- Copyright lawsuits have arisen due to the vast amounts of copyrighted data that bots use to create content.
- The legal issue of whether or not generative AI should be protected under copyright law is still up for debate.
- The Supreme Court may provide guidance on fair use in general in an upcoming case involving copyrighted images of Prince transformed by Andy Warhol.
- Creative industries should ensure artists' output is ethically licensed and used to train AI models.
The Economist — Business — Copyright and AI in the music industry — AI — Copyright — Creative Industries
A battle royal is brewing over copyright and AI
The rise of AI in the music industry is causing copyright issues due to the vast amounts of copyrighted data used to train bots. The legal implications and fair use are still up for debate.