- Remains of 154 people and 6 bodies were discovered in a warehouse in Hayward, California.
- The cremation company, Oceanview Cremations, had its license suspended in 2018.
- Families of the deceased were not able to retrieve remains and believed their loved ones had been scattered at sea.
- California law states a body cannot be held pending disposition for more than 8 calendar days post-mortem.
- Officials are using public databases to find the relatives of the deceased.
6 Bodies and Remains of 154 People Found in Suspended Crematorium’s Warehouse
More than 150 people's remains were found in a California warehouse, prompting an investigation into the cremation company. Families unable to retrieve remains.