- Russian troops consolidated control over Bakhmut after a 10-month battle.
- Many thousands of soldiers on both sides have died on the Bakhmut front.
- Kyiv sent in mobilized soldiers and territorial defense units, sometimes with patchy training and equipment.
- 11 out of 16 soldiers from one unit were either killed or captured in a 36-hour battle.
- Ukrainian lawmakers introduced a bill mandating a minimum of three months’ preparation for mobilized troops.
36 Hours in Bakhmut: One Unit’s Desperate Battle to Hold Back the Russians
Russian troops consolidate control over Bakhmut after a 10-month battle. Thousands of soldiers have died on the Bakhmut front. Ukrainian lawmakers introduce bill mandating 3 months of training for mobilized troops.